What Are Cushion Tires
They sit low on the ground and are a perfect indoor solution for warehouse usage. These tires are made of smooth solid rubber fitted around a metal band. It’s cheaper to manufacture and easier to maintain, but cushion tires do not get the same level of traction as pneumatic tires, particularly outdoors.
Cushion tires are ideal for smooth surface applications, primarily indoors or on a loading dock. They help handle in smaller spaces and are extremely durable.
What Are The Benefits of Cushion Tires
Before you find out what tire you need for your application, check out all the benefits of cushion tires.
- Cost – These rubber tires are cheaper to manufacture. This is important because these trucks are under a high degree of pressure that transfers to the lowest area of a forklift truck, the tires
- Maneuverability – Most indoor tires belong to electric forklifts, which means they tend to be more compact and maneuverable. Since they are not powered by a bulky internal-combustion engine, these tires can help a forklift navigate tight spaces efficiently and safely
- Quiet – Due to the fact that most cushion tires belong to electric forklifts instead of IC lifts, they are far less noisy than a pneumatic
- Durability – They are easy to maintain and have zero chance of puncture
- Lower Clearance – Cushion tires provide a lower clearance which enables them to move easily around doorways and low-hanging obstacles
Keep in mind when you are deciding between cushion or pneumatic tires you must make the right selection for your industry. Once a decision is made you cannot switch out the tires to the other one. These tires require different frames and are not interchangeable.
WE LIFT STUFF!