If you’re a warehouse or plant manager, you know how important it is to have a reliable forklift or lift truck on-site to assist with the moving of heavy loads. When a company requires the use of a forklift and does not own or have access to existing material handling equipment (perhaps due to maintenance or repair needs), a forklift rental is a quick, affordable solution you can employ to maintain productivity. Read on to learn more about some of the best reasons to rent a forklift.
Reasons to Rent a Forklift
While the rates to rent a forklift or powered lift truck may seem to be lower than the value needed to buy or lease a forklift, you have to remember that a forklift rental is meant to be temporary—as well are the costs associated with the rental. A short-term, temporary expense rather than a substantial upfront investment can prove to be a critical factor for individuals who also have to manage budget expenses. The fact of the matter is, is that not every business can absorb those upfront costs.
Here are some things to consider when renting:
- Greater budget flexibility
- Is a purchase the best use of your capital?
- Do you need to outsource forklift maintenance?
- Do you require guaranteed uptime (full maintenance is offered with the proper rental plan)
- Fixed monthly costs
- A forklift rental supplier can handle maintenance
- Add or remove forklifts from your fleet at your leisure to meet changes in demand or seasonal needs
- Quick delivery of forklift rentals
- A forklift rental can supplement your operation if the forklifts you do own currently require maintenance
There are several reasons to rent a forklift—but remember, the most important reason for doing so is to ensure the availability of the material handling equipment you need when you need it most. If you’re in Cleveland, Toledo, or Columbus, Ohio, and are looking for the speedy delivery of high-quality forklift rentals that come with maintenance coverage, contact us today or request a quote.Rent Today